What Is a Graphic Organizer?
- Definition from CAST: "A graphic organizer is a visual and graphic display that depicts the
relationships between facts, terms, and or ideas within a learning task.
Graphic organizers are also sometimes referred to as knowledge maps,
concept maps, story maps, cognitive organizers, advance organizers, or
How Does Technology Support the Use of Graphic Organizers?
- Pre-made PDFs Online
- Online Graphic Organizer Creators & Interactives
- Graphic Organizer Software
- Other Applications for Graphic Organizers
- Interactive Whiteboard
- Various Graphic Organizers (opens as SMART Notebook file), Pre-Made
Tables/Grids (opens as SMART Notebook file), and Tables (opens in My
Content of Gallery)
- Promethean Planet - Various Graphic Organizer flip charts
- Graphic Organizer Apps
- Lucid Charts and Mind Mup also available as Chrome Apps
How Can Graphic Organizers Be Implemented in the Classroom?
- Pre-Teaching/Entry Event
- Content Area Examples
What Are My Next Steps?
- Developing Lessons Using Graphic Organizers
- Learn More About Graphic Organizers
Cara Hagen, Education Technology Consultant